Review of Dine a Chook Feeders
Today we are reviewing the Dine a Chook feeder.
Pros of Dine a Chook Feeders:
- Australian Made with long lasting industrial grade UV protected plastic to avoid brittleness and breaking.
- Holds up to 4.7kg of feed and can feed up to 8 chickens
- Patented rain cover and gutter system over feeding hole.
- Reduces feed waste
- Deters rats and other wildlife.
Cons of Dine a Chook Feeders:
- It is true that you get what you pay for, however these are 2.5 times the price of a 5kg plastic feeder.
- We don’t advise leaving any feeders out in the sun or rain. Although the rain cover system may prevent the rain from reaching the feed it can not be guaranteed.
- The feeding space is limited and not all 8 chooks will be able to feed at the same time.
- Feed does occasionally get stuck half way down and chickens are unable to get to it.
- Still needs to be check regularly as you can't see how much is left.
Conclusion of Dine a Chook Feeders:
The most fundamental principle in chicken care is “Free Access to Food”
Any measures to limit free access to food will result in a reduction of health, reduction of eggs, increase in fighting and an increase in gorging themselves when they do get access.
The longevity of the materials used are quite good though and we do stock small quantities of the Dine a Chook Feeders.
The feeders that we do recommend and sell can be found here
The products we recommend for rat and mouse control can be found here