Review on Traditional Plastic "Bell" Feeders
Today we are reviewing the Traditional Plastic "Bell" Feeders
Pros of Plastic Feeders:
- Ability to hang feeder with a rotating inner rod
- Segregations (individual feed compartments) around feed pan help reduce the amount of seed being flicked out by the birds
- Designed with a special wing nut allows the adjustment of feed flow
- UV stabilised
- Allows full 360° access.
- Ability to see how low feed is before getting to empty.
- Come in many sizes to suit multiple ages and flock sizes.
- Easy to pull apart to clean.
Cons of Plastic Feeders:
- Tendency to crack and break if left in constant sun.
- Can allow easier access for rodents and other wildlife if not stationed appropriately.
- Nuts can come loose over time
Conclusion of Plastic Feeders:
The most fundamental principle in chicken care is “Free Access to Food”
Any measures to limit free access to food will result in a reduction of health, reduction of eggs, increase in fighting and an increase in gorging themselves when they do get access.
Therefore we highly recommend and sell the Traditional Plastic "Bell" feeders and others alike due to its functionality and ability to give free access to food to your chickens. They can be found here.
The products we recommend for rat and mouse control can be found here